Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ladybug embossed tag


Wishing for spring, I made a simple little ladybug tag today. I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cart to make the tag, then I used the Walk in My Garden cart to make the ladybug. I punched out some little hearts for the antennas and then used all kinds of ribbon to embellish it with. This My Mind's Eye paper is great because the glitter on it adds some sparkle, which of course I love! Tags are fun because they're so versatile - you can use them on gifts, cards, or scrapbook pages like I'm going to do with this one.

After I cut out the ladybug, I used scalloped scissors to cut around the red circle and then inked the red cardstock to make the dry embossed paper pop a little better. These are a few fun challenges I entered:

Erin Lee Creative wanted something with a destroyed technique.
Cooking with Cricut wanted an embossed project.
Fantabulous Cricut is looking for a project featuring your favorite season.

Hope everyone is having a great day!



13 comments:

The Country Life said...

This is so darn cute!! Love it!! TFS!! I am your newest follower! (http://countrycricut.blogspot.com)

Jess said...

So cute! Love the embossing!

Anonymous said...

That's a darling little lady bug tag!!

Jen said...

Such a cute little ladybug, Rayna! Thanks for embossing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team

Jean said...

This ladybug is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Jean said...

Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB as well!

Becky G said...

Super cute tag! love that ladybug!!! Thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut! :) Becky CWC DT

Kate said...

What a super tag! I love those embossed hearts on the ladybird. Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB this week!

Angelica Suarez said...

Rayna this is so pretty - I love the ribbons you used to bring in all that fun texture. The papers pair great together - you did a fab job!! Thanks for linking up with Music Mondays! :) Angelica

Madison said...

Lovin' all the textures and colors on this tag:) TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Helen said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is beautiful! I love the different ribbons you used Rayna! I also loved Paper Panther's Cinderella tag! The distressing and inking are just fabulous! Thank you both for all your wonderful projects and thank you for always stopping by and leaving such sweet comments! I left you two a Liebster Blog Award on my Blog! You two deserve it! Thanks again!

Nicole said...

Adorable ladybug! Thanks for playing along with Cooking with Cricut this week!
Nicole CWC DT
http://croppinmommadesigns.blogspot.com