Monday, June 13, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #18

This week at Celebrate the Occasion, we were challenged to come up with a project that had a birthday theme that included a party hat. I used My Mind's Eye Lime Twist - Life of the Party collection. This paper is so bright and happy, it just asks to be a birthday project! :) I used one of my new favorite cartridges, Birthday Bash and created a flower box using Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.

I used some tulle and the party hat sentiment to decorate the box, along with some more of the fun paper.

Then used some more tulle to tie around the 6x6 card with a bow at the top to make it look almost like its own gift box. I loved that cute little cupcake, so I used it for the main image on my card.

Come and join us this week at Celebrate the Occasion for this fun challenge and to check out all the fabulous work from the rest of the awesome Design Team!! All you need to do is create a card, layout or project and post it by Sunday, June 19th, 11:59pm (EST). The winner will be selected and entered into the monthly drawing! For the month of June we are giving away a "Peachy Keen $20 gift card!! Have a great day!

Challenges I entered:
Cooking with Cricut - pick your poison
Birthday Sundaes - wet or dry embossed birthday card
Scrappy Moms - sweet treats

14 comments:

Esther said...

Fun combinations of papers!! Love the box!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome job. Love the box.. WOW!!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love all the different DP's you used and incorporated into your set, great birthday card and gift box :)

Jean said...

Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Jen said...

Cute set, Rayna! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

This is such a cute set! I love all the different pattern paper!

CraftyJAR said...

That paper is just gorgeous and what you did with it is even cuter! Love it!
Judy

Tracey said...

Looks Fabulous.....love the fun colors and the embossing looks great!
Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

Laverne said...

Very nice and LOVE the colors!!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

As usual, you amaze me with your ability to mix these gorgeous patterns! It is such a fun and exciting birthday set! Sorry I've been MIA and please know that I appreciate all your support! I left a few blog awards on my blog for both of you! Take them all or pick the ones you would like and please don't feel obligated to go through all the requirements (I understand how much work they are)! Please know I truly appreciate all your encouragment and both of your inspiring work! I hope you are all enjoying the summer!
Thanks!
Amber
my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

Very pretty - I love the tulle, a nice touch! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

Mary said...

I love the paper you used, great job!

Lezlye said...

Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms!

DIANA L. said...

I have not been able to comment on your post for awhile. Blogger has been acting up, sorry. so