Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tinkerbell Bow Holder Board

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! For the project this week, we were challenged to make something with a favorite family movie theme. My girls love the Tinkerbell movies and my youngest daughter even has her room decorated with Tink everywhere, so I made her a bow holder board using some fun fabric and accents! I started out with:

* 16x20 canvas
* Fabric to cover the canvas
* Ribbon
* Trim for the top and bottom
* Coordinating buttons
* Staple gun

I cut the fabric so there was about 2-3 inches left on each side of the canvas and then I pulled it in back and folded it like I would wrap a present. Then I took the staple gun and stapled the corners, went along the sides pulling the fabric tight and stapled the sides too.

I then took ribbon and cut 4 of them at about 20" long and burned the ends so they wouldn't fray. Then I stapled those on at about 4" apart. I really LOVED the staple gun for this project! :)

I took my trim, cut one for the top and bottom and burned the edges. Then I stapled those around the back too and once in the center.

I glued some cute butterfly buttons on the corners and the centers to cover the staples and then stapled a piece of ribbon to the back for the hanger.

My little girl loves her new Tink board and her flowers and bows fit great!

Hope you're all having a fun summer and we have an awesome prize, the Post-it prize pack!! So don't forget to head over to Crazy About Cricut, and enter your family project! Have a wonderful day!

Challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog - alter it

7 comments:

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVE this project! I couldn't wait to see it this morning! I'm sure I can find a canvas somewhere in this house that needs repurposed if I dig deep enough! Thanks for the great step-by-step! My oldest used to have Tink in her room too! Now, her theme is called a BIG MESS!!! Awesome project this week!!

Tanya said...

I TOTALLY love this idea!! GREAT colors!! I love the lil pom ribbon!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Jen said...

This is adorable! I tried something like this last year but on a metal "magnet" board. It kept falling apart because I couldn't get the ribbon to adhere well. i love the idea of a BBoard and then the staple gun! TFS!

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Love this Tinkerbell project!! I am such a fan of Tink... but I have two boys so I rarely get to make anything Tink themed!! :) I love it!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Shelby said...

What an awesome project!! I love all of the details, the colors and the Tink fabric! I'm girls would fall in love with something like this. So glad you could join as at Penny's Paper-Crafty, good luck and we hope you join us again.

Shelby, DT

Courtney said...

What a great project Rayna!! I will have to try my hand at this one because my daughter would LOVE one of these!! Thanks for playing along this week for our "Alter it" Challenge at Penny's!! Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Anonymous said...

|Lovely just what I was looking for.
п»їtelecharger mahjong gratuitement >> mahjong gratuit francais